Thursday, April 16, 2009

Untitled

Our eyes meet as the hypnotic lights flash from you to me. You look down at me from upon that pedestal above that sea of inhibitions gone awry. Your flesh sways to each pulse of the music like the slender body of a cobra being charmed.


Dare I come close?


Dare I stay away?


You glide across the floor with the gait of a ballet dancer. You make the music yours, each note, each beat, each rhythm transforming to match each step of your foot. You grab my hand, caressing it slowly, pulling me towards you.


Dare I take the fall?


Dare I dance alone?


I reach out grasping a hand not knowing whether it be yours or mine as our bodies converge into a single mass of emotion. This moment it is right. This moment is ours. I needn’t look into your sweet expressions of innocence to know that you are the one, even if only for tonight. I pull your delicate body close to mine as the night melds into a euphoric blur.


1 comment:

  1. This was written on Sept. 6, 2007. I wonder who I was referring to...

    ReplyDelete