Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lessons of Love

Tonight I was thinking back on past relationships. And I’ve had some really great ones, in fact, all of my past relationships (and by relationships I am talking about when you feel like this is the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with) were really great….sure, there were rough times but rough times accompany every aspect of life.


And so, I thought I would share some of the many things I have learned from them…


If it didn’t work out the first time, then more often than not it won’t work out the second time for the exact same reasons it didn’t work out the first time.


Don’t be too proud to listen and learn.


Once trust is gone from a relationship, it will cease to be what it was before. You might say you trust this person again but there is always that small sliver of doubt in your mind.


If you love someone, never be afraid to say it.


In the very beginning you know. There is always something that tells you that this is the one. Without even fully knowing this person you know that he is meant for you.


Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Losing yourself in order to gain a boyfriend is the worst kind of self-mutilation.


The feeling you get when you’re in love has no equal.


No comments:

Post a Comment